Our Geography Curriculum
Through our teaching of geography at St John Vianney, we intend for our pupils to:
• increase and develop their geographical knowledge, skills, concepts and attitudes.
• have a progressive understanding of the place in which they live (locality, town, county…) comparing and contrasting with other places.
• make links between the physical and human features of different places, developing a deepening awareness of how these are shaped, interconnected and changed over time.
• develop a sense of responsibility both for the local area and the wider world.
• inspire a curiosity about the world they live in and develop their knowledge about diverse places, people, resources and natural and human environments.
Children will know more, remember more and understand more about the world and its people.