“Governors are the strategic leaders of our schools and have a vital role to play in making sure every child gets the best possible education”
The Role of the Governors
Full Governing Body meetings are held six times per year. Governors visit the school and members of staff regularly to gain a sound understanding of the key priorities/actions for the school and how these are being implemented. A key aspect of the governor role is to look at the impact any actions are having on the school and the children.
As governors, we monitor progress against the priorities which have been set out in the School Development Plan. In order to do this, we have governors linked to specific areas (including safeguarding and child protection, school data, SEND, curriculum areas and health and safety) who make a number of visits throughout the year and provide feedback to the Full Governing Body meetings.
Full Governing Body:
- Mrs Denise Liptrot (Chair, Foundation)
- Mrs Anne-Louise Friar (Head teacher)
- Mrs Pauline Taylor (Vice-chair, Foundation))
- Mrs Margaret Davies (Foundation)
- Mr John Butler (Foundation)
- Mrs Jane Brown (Parent)
- Mr Phil Green (Parent)
- Mrs Nova Charlton (Local Authority Governor)
- Mrs Lisa Nagy (Staff)
- Mrs Julia Percy (Associate member)
- Mrs Susan Bridge (Clerk)